The Civil Society Leadership Awards (CSLA) provides fully-funded scholarships for master’s degree study to individuals who clearly demonstrate academic and professional excellence and a deep commitment to leading positive social change in their communities.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of an eligible country
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, and civil society leadership potential
- Have a bachelor’s degree awarded before July 15, 2017 and an excellent academic record
- Demonstrate professional experience in a relevant area
- Demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction (English, German or French) at a level required for admission by host universities
- Be able to participate in an intensive pre-academic summer school in July or August 2018 and start their degree program in August or September 2018
- Be able to receive and maintain a visa or study permit as required by the host country
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to return to their home country or region to continue supporting open society development.