Apply for Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders Awards 2017: Recognizing Grassroots Peace Activists Worldwide!
DEADLINE: 6 September 2017
Are you a peacebuilder? Would international recognition and a $10,000 prize help your organisation make a bigger impact? If yes, then apply for Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders Awards 2017.
Peace Direct is currently accepting applications for the 5th edition of its Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders Awards 2017 to reward innovative peacebuilding organisations with the potential to build sustainable peace in their communities. Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders awards offer global recognition for grassroots peace activists in conflict affected countries all over the world.
* Women-led peacebuilding
* Youth-led peacebuilding
* Inter-religious Peacebuilding
Three winning organisations will each receive $10,000 and online promotion of their work.
These are global awards. There is no geographical restriction on applications. In order to be eligible to enter, you must:
* BE UNDERTAKING PEACEBUILDING WORK: your organisation will be either a peacebuilding organisation or have peacebuilding as a substantial element of your work. Prize money may only be used for costs directly related to peacebuilding, or core costs related to supporting your peacebuilding work.
* BE LOCALLY BASED: your organisation must be based in the country/communities where your work will be done. If your organisation operates in multiple countries, you are not eligible to enter.
(Cross-border projects are eligible.)
* BE AN INDEPENDENT ORGANISATION, not an in-country or satellite organisation of an international NGO.
* Be working, or planning to work, in at least one of the above mentioned thematic areas.
Entries will be assessed against the following criteria:
* IMPACT: clear potential to demonstrably prevent violence or build peace.
* COMMUNITY SUPPORT: able to demonstrate community support for project, for example through voluntary efforts of community members.
* INNOVATION: offering a new approach or original thinking. This does not mean that you have to be doing something entirely new, but what makes your project stand out as different from other projects?
* SUSTAINABILITY: likely to be able to last beyond the one-year funding award.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Tomorrow’s Peacebuilders Awards