The objectives of the initiative are to:
- recognize women implementing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including women business owners of microenterprises;
- increase knowledge about the SDGs and their potential impacts on women among non-traditional audiences; and
- collaborate with private sector partners on all SDGs, but SDG5 in particular; to share best practices and innovative ideas.
- The top winners will be recognized in September, 2018 at an event on the margins of the 2018 UN General Assembly High-Level Week in New York.
- The stories of the winning women entrepreneur (and many other notable entries) will be shared through partners’ social media and websites.
To apply, please visit: World Bank Group