Programme Management Support – Senior Assistant
Job categories: Administration, Programme Management
Vacancy code: VA/2022/B5004/25125
Department/office: NYSC, SDC, Development and Special Initiatives Portfolio
Duty station: New York, United States of America
Contract type: Local ICA Support
Contract level: LICA-5
Duration: Ongoing contract (subject to good performance, availability of funds, organizational requirements and project duration)
Application period: 17-Dec-2022 to 26-Jan-2023
Deadline: 26 January 2023
Under the coordination of the Head of Programme Unit and the direct supervision of the UNAOC Director, the Programme Management Support – Senior Assistant duties will include:
- Provide support to the implementation of programmes and projects activities;
- Assist and provide administrative and substantive support in the organization of events, capacity-building workshops, meetings, conferences etc.;
- Support in conducting researches and collecting data as requested;
- Provide assistance in the production of UNAOC communication products, including newsletters, brochures, website, and support social media management tasks;
- Provide logistical and coordination support in the office as needed;
- Contribute to the overall work of the UNAOC Secretariat and take on additional tasks as and when needed.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
A work plan will be developed based on the UNOPS PER cycle and serve as the overarching document to monitor progress and record performance.
*FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
*CANDIDATES WITH NO UNITED NATIONS OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Secondary education/High school diploma is required.
- Bachelor degree will be considered an asset and may substitute for some of the required years of experience.
- Minimum five (5) year of progressive experience in administration, operations, or programme support;
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, Power Point and databases.
- Desirable experience (the following experience is optional candidates who do not have it are welcome to apply):
- Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment; good knowledge of the UN system mechanisms and UN agencies’ mandates, knowledge and experience in UN rules and procedures are assets.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN official language is an asset.
For more information click here