Job categories: Communications
Vacancy code: VA/2022/B5004/25110
Department/office: NYSC, SDC, Development and Special Initiatives Portfolio
Duty station: New York, United States of America
Contract type: International ICA
Contract level: IICA-2
Duration: Ongoing contract (subject to good performance, availability of funds, organizational requirements and project duration)
Application period: 17-Dec-2022 to 23-Jan-2023
Deadline: 23 January 2023
Applications to vacancies must be received before midnight Copenhagen time (CET) on the closing date of the announcement.
*FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
*CANDIDATES WITH NO UNITED NATIONS OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) preferably in journalism, communications, public information, business administration, management, social sciences, political science, or another related field is required.
- A first-level university degree in a related field and two (2 )additional years of work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum five (5) of progressively responsible professional experience at the international level in programme management, policy support, journalism, communication, public information or related fields is required
- Experience in writing speeches for senior or high-level officials within strict deadlines is required.
- Experience in social media and monitoring impact is required.
- Experience in communicating with the media is required
- Desirable experience (the following experience is optional candidates who do not have it are welcome to apply):
- Experience in a relevant field in the United Nations system or a similar international organization is desirable.
- Experience in the development and implementation of communication projects and plans is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required;
- Knowledge of additional languages is an advantage.
Click here for more information.