European Commission is inviting applications for “Civil Society Empowerment Programme” to address the sharp rise in extremists and terrorists use of the internet.
The Objective is to support the production of alternative/counter-narratives, in particular online, their dissemination and monitoring by civil society organizations, and the evaluation of their impact.
The goal of this Call for Proposals is to support projects of Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) that pursue all of the objectives below:
- address target audiences in the EU susceptible and vulnerable to radicalising and terrorist content online , those on the brink of radicalisation as well as those who have already been radicalised (target audiences’ perceived or real grievances should be addressed);
- provide the well-defined target audience with credible alternatives and positive narratives or expose and challenge terrorist and extremist online propaganda ;
- address push and pull factors of terrorist and extremist content online;
- actively contribute to promoting tolerance and EU/democratic fundamental rights and values;
- empower civil society organisations, grass root organisations and other credible voices.
To apply, please visit: European Commission