The Changemakers Programme will be returning in 2021 for its eighth year to bring together some of the most inspiring pioneers and innovators from across the globe, committed to developing concrete solutions to pressing human rights issues in alignment with Trust Conference themes. These include climate change, socio-economic inclusion, media freedom, and data & digital rights.
The 2021 Programme will fully fund the participation of up to 48 Changemakers to participate in a multi-week learning programme that aims to build the capacity – and strengthens the global network – of two pivotal actors driving positive change and impact in society: frontline advocates striving for solutions to some of the world’s most pressing challenges, and local independent journalists who are explaining and amplifying those issues through media.
SELECTED CHANGEMAKERS WILL RECEIVE
- Five weeks of specialised capacity building training and networking with other Changemakers, starting on September 27th
- The opportunity to attend and be selected to present on stage at the annual Trust Conference, taking place virtually on November 17 and 18, 2021 and receive global exposure
- Inclusion of their name and photo in Trust Conference marketing materials and on the official conference website
- Alumni membership as part of an exclusive network to receive continued engagement opportunities
- All applicants must be proficient in spoken and written English. No translation will be provided.
- Applicants cannot have previously participated in the Trust Conference Changemakers Programme.
- All applicants must have access to a minimum internet speed of 8 Mb/second. (You can check the speed of your device by logging from it on www.speedtest.net).
- All applicants need access to a computer to participate in the training; participation from a mobile or smart phone will not be possible.
- The Thomson Reuters Foundation will provide each participant with a sum of £50 (GBP) to help finance data costs.
Eligibility criteria: http://dqvh0ikuyneu5.cloudfront.net/application/assets/gen2/docs/CMCFA.pdf